Tuesday 4 October 2011

Pumpkin Pie

Let me begin this post by saying that I do not like pumpkin pie. Except apparently pumpkin pie made by my friend Charlotte. THIS WAS THE BEST PIE I'VE EVER TASTED!


The filling recipe went something like this:
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 (15 ounce) can Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Sweetened Condenced Milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Some cinnamon,  nutmeg, vanilla, and garam masala.
The crust recipe:
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, chilled and diced
  • 1/4 cup ice water
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Combine sugar, salt, and spices in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mix. Gradually add evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
  3. Cut up pecan pieces into very small chunks and sprinkle them on top of the filling.
  4. Bake for 15 minutes and reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 45-50 minutes.
  5. Cool for 15 minutes. 
  6. Enjoy heartily. 
I might gain 20 pounds this quarter but I will enjoy it heartily.

No comments:

Post a Comment